Mokran Development organization Mission Statement:
To define policies and strategies in a way that sustainably develops Mokran coastal strip and maximises the use of this region’s capacities and capabilities, aligned with the broader regional policies.
- To make coordination and synergy among different national and regional entities in order to sustainably develop the coastal area, aligend with the broader policies of Islamic Republic of Iran
- To facilitate and integrate related entities in sustainable development of Mokran
- To oversee and appraise Mokran’s sustainable development programs
Mr. Eshaq Jahangiri, the first vice president of President Rouhani, is the head of this organization.
Member Organizations And Ministries:
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Petroleum
- Ministry of Roads and Urban Development
- Ministry of Industry, Mine & Trade
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Health and Medical Education
- The Supreme Council of Iran’s Free Trade, Industrial & Special Economic Zones
- Department of Environment
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance
- Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics
- Management and Planning Organization of Iran
- Ministry of Interior Affairs (Ministry of State)
- Sistan and Baloochestan Governor
- Hormozgan Governor
- Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization
First vise-president and President of Mokran Development Organization Message
In The Name of God
Considering the importance and unique position of Mokran in achieving stable development of south and east parts of the country, its situation benefiting the accessibility of international waters, and accomplishing the supreme leader intentions, the program of developing Mokran shores has gained an special importance and been focused by the government of Islamic Republic of Iran.
Emphasizing on “using domestic potentials” and “taking part at foreign markets” through resilient economy and “development of marine economy on south of the country through Mokran shores” as one of the main parts of the Islamic Republic sixth program of development, resulted the development of the mentioned shores to be taken as one of the strategic goals and create special opportunities for companies and investors at one of the most important economic hotspots and region’s geopolitical areas.
The main actions the government has planned to take are: development of transport, industry, oil, fishery, foreign commerce, tourism and other sectors and economical activities – congruous with the comprehensive development plan – and creating proper infrastructure through considerable investments on Oil and Gas, building industrial towns with partnership of foreign investors.
Thus, as I invite entrepreneurs, investors and foreign and domestic businessmen to consider the current and further opportunities, at Mokran, I should note that the government is willing to invite and be partnered with private organizations and I request from all different executive departments to seriously engage preparing the settings needed for developing comprehensive partnerships and attracting partners.
First vise-president and President of Mokran Development Organization