The coasts of Mokran, Makran or Makuran – as it is pronounced by the local people – is a region located in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan and Pakistan’s southwestern Baluchistan province. It is a 600-mi (1,000-km) stretch along the Gulf of Oman from Raˈs (cape) al-Kūh, Iran (west of Jask), to Lasbela District, Pakistan (near Karāchi).
Coasts of Mokran are considered one of the most important and most Strategic Region in the Middle East and Central Asia. Despite the potential and abundant of natural resources and strategic location, sadly, so far, the development of the region remains neglected.
Given the Mokran coasts importance for Iran’s economy, in recent years, Iran begun vast planning to exploit the potential of this area. In this regard, many studies have been done and significant investments have been made.
With lifting of economic sanction, Iran eyes foreign investment to accelerate development of this strategic area.
There are many reasons that Mokran coasts are referred as Iran’s most strategic area.
• Proximity and gateway to the International waters around southern border and Indian ocean
• Direct neighbors to Pakistan & Afghanistan
• Closest and safest route to Central Asia
• Access to market of 300 million consumers.
• Connecting CIS countries to trans-boundary waters (via under construction Chabahar-Zahedan-Mashhad railway)
• Located on route of two international transport corridors. (North-south transport corridor and south Asia transport corridor).
Beside abovementioned locational Advantages, there are many other advantages and potentials that made this area unique and attractive for investors.
Vast sea and natural attractions, pristine beaches and cultural diversity can be driving force for tourism development in this area.
With more than 300 km water border, Diversity of fish species, hot and humid weather due to its proximity to equator, appropriate water quality and free of industrial pollution in the coastal area and good depth of water at a minimum distance from the beach, turned this area to a perfect location for aquaculture and related industries development.
Also existence of oil and gas resources, provide significant capacity for development of gas, oil, petrochemical and other downstream industries in Mokran coasts. These potentials have led to development of Iran’s third petrochemical hub in Chabahar.
Chabahar free economic zone plays a key role in attracting foreign and local investment and ultimately development of Mokran coasts. Chabahar free zone with area of 14,000 Hectare is one of the 7 Iran’s free economic zones.
Importance of Mokran Coasts
Mokran Coasts is so Significant for Iran that, it’s mentioned in Iran 6th development plan as core issue and development priority.
Also in recent years, it has been mentioned in Iranian policy makers and officials’ speeches many times.
For instance, Iran supreme leader has insisted numerous times on developing Mokran as expeditiously as possible.
The secretariat of Mokran development organization, with the support of related ministries, organizations and entities responsible for Mokran’s development programs, held the 1st international convention for presenting Mokran investment opportunities in January 2017 in Chabahar, Iran. Many high-ranking political officials including, vice president of Iran Eshaq Jahangiri, minister of defense Hossein Dehghan and Minister of Roads and Urban Development Abbas Akhondi attended the summit.
“This huge and long, very sensitive coast that we have in the Oman Sea is in fact a treasure, and we must accept that we have not discovered this. The Oman Sea, the Oman Sea Coast (Mokran coasts) and the presence in the Oman Sea are a treasure; a reserve. We paid all our attention to Persian Gulf, we realized that the Persian Gulf is very sensitive, I have no doubt, but we did not pay attention to this huge giant that we have in the Oman Sea. The Oman Sea is the key to defining the fate of the Persian Gulf.”
Ayatollah Khamenei- Iran’s supreme leader
“Developing eastern parts of the country and Mokran coast has been, and is, one of the key priorities of the government”
Hassan Rouhani- Iran’s President
In addition to the most prestigious Iranian companies, more than 40 foreign companies and embassies attending to Mokran’s summit, express importance of this region.
Investment Opportunities in Mokran Coasts
In the following section, some of the investment opportunities in Mokran coasts will be presented.
The 5 following fields count as driving engine of the zone’s development.
Till now significant investment has been made in to infrastructure of Mokran coasts, but it wasn’t enough. In order to achieve the objectives defined for this area, more investment is needed. Developed infrastructures can play a key role in attracting investment to other fields.
In the following two separate subsections, some of the investment opportunities in Mokran coasts infrastructures will be introduced.
Electricity, Water and Wastewater
From two perspectives, power field in interaction with investors have a special place in Mokran, first to supply of water and electricity resources for all the projects which will be implemented in Mokran Coasts and second in attracting investors in power fields’ projects which has been predicted in Mokran Coast.
In the following some of the investment opportunities in this field are presented.
• Increasing the Capacity of the Pishin Dam Reservoir
Pishin dam is located in pishin city 8 km from Pakistan border.
Main objective of this project is to Increase the capacity of Pishin dam from 175 million cubic meters to 250 million cubic meters in order to:
* Contribution of water supply needed for Chabahar City;
* The improvement and development of agriculture in the downstream area of Pishin Dam.
Project specifications are as follows:
* Dam lake area of 14.1 square kilometers in the current situation at normal level of 262 meters;
* Dam reservoir area of 18 square kilometers in terms of increased capacity at normal level of 267 meters.
• Kariani Storage Dam
Kariani Storage dam is located 150 km of north-west of Konarak City.
Project goal is to control flood in order to supply agriculture water for Laash plain.
The dam is located on the Rapch river path. Rapch is seasonal river with average annual precipitation of 183 mm.
Dam technical specifications are as follows:
* Dam type: Concrete using RCC;
* The total volume of the reservoir is 161 cubic meters;
* The area of the lake from the normal level is 80 square kilometers;
* The height from the dam foundation is 40 meters;
* The height from the bed (river) is 35 meters;
* Water transmission line from the dam to the network is available;
* Irrigation and drainage network is available (4000 hectares of coastal land).
• Photovoltaic Solar Powerhouse
This project is related to the construction of photovoltaic solar powerhouse with a capacity of 5 MW per hour in Kooh Mobarak region of Jaask port city. This project is implemented in a land area of 11.250 square meters. Required investment for this project is estimated to be $8.5 million. This project has the ability to run in most parts of the Hormozgan province.
• Seawater Desalination Complex in Bemani District
This project is related to the construction of a seawater desalination complex through reserve osmosis with a daily capacity of 3,000 cubic meters in Bemani district from Ciric environs.
This project is estimated to be about $2.4 million.
• Seawater Desalination Complex in Chaleh Gerind and Kookhard
This project is another reverse osmosis seawater desalination complex with daily capacity of 750 cubic meters in Chaleh Gerind and Kookhard.
Required investment for this project is estimated to be about $0.7 million.
• Seawater Desalination Complex in Gabric
Gabric rural area is located in Jaask city environs. This project also is through reverse osmosis with daily capacity of 400 cubic meters. The project is implemented in a land area of 500 square meters. Required investment for this project is estimated to be $0.3 million.
• Transport Water to Chabahar’s Villages
This project is related to construction and operation of a transfer facility in rural water supply project including the villages of Goater, Pasabandar and Beris.
Water is supplied from desalination plant in Pasabandar. The project includes the implementation of water transmission lines, construction of reservoirs and implementation of water supply facilities to Homayran complex. 123.5 km of polyethylene pipes is needed for the project. Required investment has been estimated around $4.2 million.
• Water Transportation to TissKupan
The project is related to the construction, operation and transfer of rural water supply facilities which include Nok Abad Village, Khanehaye Chaharshanbe, TissKupan, Khodadad, Khanehaye Soleiman and Mashi. Water will be supplied from water tank and waste water through suction tank and pumping station.
The project includes the implementation of water transmission lines, construction of reservoirs and implementation of water supply facilities to TissKupan complex. Required capital investment for this project estimated $1.7 million.
• Water Transfer to Jaask and Bashagard from Jagin Dam
Construction, operation of water supply facilities in order to transfer water to rural areas such as Farahak Village, Bengrokh, Zehbodi, Shahrak Motahar, Saran and Barshkan is main objective of this project. The project includes the implementation of water transmission lines, construction of reservoirs and implementation of water supply facilities.
Required investment is estimated around $3.2 million.
• Water Transfer to Hamiri
The project is related to the implementation of water transmission lines, construction of reservoirs and implementation of water supply facilities for transfer of water to Homayran Qasr-e Qand complex.
Required investment for this project is estimated to be about $4.4 million.
• Water Transfer to Kheyrabad
Main objective of this project is to transfer water to rural area including 18 villages in Nikshahr.
Required investment for this project is around $4.8 million.
• Zarani Reservoir Dam, Irrigation and Drainage Network
Zarani reservoir dam is in Hormozgan province and is placed in 40th kilometer of Minab road, near Minab-Senderk and in 2 kilometers from Talan village. Main goal of construction of Zarani is to control Devastating floods of Zarani River, feeding undergrounds water sources and Supplying water for 1950 hectare of agricultural lands.
Required capital investment for this project is estimated around $35 million.
• Water Transfer from Pishin Dam
The project includes 500 km of transmission lines in diameters of 110 to 1100 mm which made of polyethylene, UPVC and fiberglass.
Transferring water to number of villages in district of Ngor, Camble Soleiman and Bahu Kalat through constructing and operating water supply facilities is main objective of this project.
Capital investment required for this project is estimated around $94 million.
• Gabrik Dam Project
Gabrik dam site is located in 428 km south-east of Bandar Abbas. The objective of this project is to supply 20 million cubic meters’ water in year for Jegin irrigation system and 8.3 million cubic meters for environmental requirement and downstream stack holders of dam. Gabrik is asphaltic concrete core rock fill dam with height of 34.5 meters.
Construction period in this project is 5 years and investment required is estimated around $60 million.
• Chabahar Water Desalination
Chabahar water desalination complex is a project worth $12 million with daily capacity of 20,000 cubic meters. The proposed contract is to Build, operate and own (BOO) with duration of 15 years.
• Reduce the Wastewater in Distribution Network and Water Transmission Line of Chabahar city
Required investment for this project is estimated around $8 million. Proposed contract method is to Build, operate and transfer (BOT) and contract duration is 15 years.
• Completion of the Collection Network and Waste Treatment of Konarak City
The project is related to completion of the collection network and first and second modulus of wastewater treatment of Konarak city. Capital investment required for this project has been estimated around $25 million.
Contract method is to Build, operate and transfer (BOT) or buy back with respectively 15 and 25 years’ duration.
• Completion of the Collection Network and Wastewater Treatment
Main objective of this project is completion of the collection network and wastewater treatment of Chabahar city in order, to use it in industrial uses.
130 km of wastewater collection lines is needed in this project also estimated capital investment is around $20 million.
Contract method is to Build, operate and transfer (BOT) or buy back with respectively 15 and 25 years duration.
• Water supply to Chabahar and Konarak from Zirdan Dam
In this project, 83 km of transmission line is needed and required investment has been estimated around $80 million. Proposed contract method is to Build, operate and transfer (BOT).
Transportation, Ports and Urban Development
Undoubtedly one of the requirements of development in each area is the development of transportation infrastructure and providing possibility of easy transit for goods and people in the region. Also attention to the necessity of deployment and settlement and providing residential infrastructure and create environmental condition is essential for economic activists and has to be considered.
Along with creation of ground road (roads and rails), air and sea and also development of required ports and airports in Mokran zone, are basic necessitate for development of this zone.
In this section some of the investment opportunities in transportation and urban development will be introduced.
• Tiss New City
Tiss new city is located in neighboring of Chabahar Free Zone and in coasts of Mokran. This region with natural and tourist attraction and location alongside of free economic zone with industrial and business characteristics has lots of capacity.
One of the objectives for development of Tiss new city is to meet the needs of industries and its labor forces for example Mokran petrochemical complex alone needs 10 thousand residential units.
It’s anticipated that Tiss new city will have the capacity of 150 thousand people.
Investment opportunities in this city divided into 3 categories of residential, recessional and leisure and clean energy projects.
Some of the Tiss new city investment opportunities are as follows:
* Arial recreation with daily capacity of 200 people and required investment of $1.1 million;
* Marine leisure with daily capacity of 300 people and required investment of $2 million.
* Land recreation including house riding complex with required investment of $1.3 million, carting complex with required investment of $300 thousand, ballroom with required investment of $1.1 million and hotel and accommodation with required investment of $16 million.
* Residential complex with floor area of 275 thousand square meters and required investment of $1.3 million.
* Solar powerhouse with capacity of 1 MW and required investment of $5.3 million.
• Chabahar-Zahedan railway
This project is related to construction of Chabahar-Iranshahr-Zahedan railway which connect Chabahar city in south east of Iran to Zahedan capital of Sistan and Baluchestan province. This project is part of Chabahar- Mashhad railway. Length Railway path is 610 km and this project required finance and machinery to accelerate progress.
• Shahid Beheshti Port Development Plan
The Shahid Beheshti port of Chabahar is one of important crossroads of north-south Corridor of world trading. Development of Shahid Beheshti port of Chabahar is the most important regional infrastructure. The main parts of Shahid Beheshti port development plan in the phase I are as below:
* Static Berm Breakwaters, length of 1,470 meters, weight of armour stones about 25 tones, crest elevation about +9.00m to C.D. and total volume of 1,588,000 Cubic meters
* 15.8 Mm3 of dredging volume (300 meters’ width and 3 km length of Access Channel and about 30 hectares of harbor area with dredging depth of -16.0 meters to C.D.)
* 5,030 meters Dyke construction (about 1,310,000 square meters) and about 203 Hectares reclamation.
* Two Container berths with length of 740 meters and the water depth -10.0 meters to C.D. (5615 concrete blocks and 134,000 square meters of concrete).
* One multipurpose berth with the length of 284 meters and draft of -16.00 meters to C.D. and also two berths with the length of 380 meters and the depth of the water -14.0 meters to C.D. (3917 Concrete-block and 90,000 Cubic meters of concrete)
* 119 hectares’ soil improvements in the level of +5.0m to CD.
* 64 hectares landscaping with concrete blocks.
* 12,500 square meters’ buildings (The entire offices, buildings, warehouses and workshops).
To build a strong, flexible and diverse economy, Iran set sight on one of its main neglected area. With its ancient history and rich cultural treasures, Iran is among the top 20 countries and with the highest number of tourism attractions.
Mokran Coasts have lots of astounding tourist attractions and potentials but due to lack of tourism infrastructure, it wasn’t possible to take advantage of these opportunities.
In order to attract foreign and local investors to develop tourism infrastructure, a lot of special privileges and incentive have been provided:
• Government Warranty for direct Investment
• Economic Stability
• No dividend tax for Iranian and foreign investments
• Annual exemption with regards to 50% of investments’ applicable taxes.
• Avoiding any discrimination act among investors.
• Affordable land prices – lower overall business and industrial costs
• Strategic location with excellent transportation infrastructure.
• Creation of a one stop shop called the “center for foreign investment services” to support foreign investments undertaking in Iran.
• Additional incentive for investment at un-developed and Tourism designated area such as:
* Organizational support for supplying part of the infrastructure;
* Financing (loans) after spending twenty percent (physical progress of the project) by investor, providing 80 percent of total project estimate by banks and financial institutions under contract with the organization.
* Providing loan by under contract banks and financial institutions after 20% physical progress by investor;
* Agreement on the establishment of the Tourism area is responsible for cultural heritage, handicrafts and tourism.
Some of investment opportunities in Mokran coasts are as follows:
• Chabahar West Coast Tourism Area
This project is related to the construction of Chabahar west coast tourism area. It has activities such as tourism, coastal beaches, seafood restaurants, marine aquarium and selling handicraft and other needs of tourists. Construction period for this project is 2 years.
Some of the special privileges for investors are as follows:
• Goiter Tourism Area
Goiter bay is located in the Gulf of Oman on the maritime border of Pakistan and Iran.
The project includes land uses such as camping, lodging facilities, park, water sports resort and coastal and marine recreational complex.
Construction phase for this project is estimated 2 years.
• Gelafshan Tourism Area
This project is related to the construction of Napk mud volcanoes (tight) in Konarak tourism area. The complex has facilities such as catering and accommodation spaces, including restaurant, hospitality, hotel and beach recreation and health center.
Mud fountains are one of the most amazing phenomena of Sistan-Baluchestan. 3 mud volcanoes are located in Kehir plain that two of them are in the shape of the hill and another is in the shape of the volcano, the locals call this kind of phenomenon sea navel.
Contraction period for this project is 2 years.
• Chabahar Miniature Tourism Areav
This project has facilities such as residential areas, beachfront restaurant, traditional restaurant, cycling rad and water sport complex.
Estimated construction period for this project is 2 years.
• Great Sea Tourism Area
This project is related to the construction of Chabahar great sea tourism area. The complex has facilities such as catering and accommodation spaces, including restaurant, hospitality, and hotel and beach entertainment such as water sports and coastal parks.
• Gordim Tourism Area
This project has facilities such as catering and accommodation spaces, including restaurant, hospitality, hotel and beach recreation, treatment and study center and mud treatment center.
Construction of the project will take 2 years.
• Lipar wetland tourism area (pink)
Lipar Wetland or the Pink Lagoon that is famous for its red tide phenomenon. Every year in late winter and early spring as well as end of summer and early fall the water of this lagoon turns pink because of the algal bloom.
The project has spaces such as accommodation facilities including hospitality, restaurant, hotel, beach parks and construction of pavilions, sport facilities and entertainment.
• Bazman Hot Spring
Purpose of this project is to construct hydrotherapy center due to the presence of hot spring with healing attribute.
Other tourist attractions in the area are hunting prohibited area and palm trees.
Agriculture & Aquaculture
Agriculture and aquaculture is central to the livelihood and food security of people. In Mokran coasts area due to shortage of fresh waters, using modern agricultural practice is more important.
Also with 320 km water border, easy access to export market, high quality water with no industrial pollution, suitable temperature in more than 8 months, 8 fishing ports and 32 fishing societies that cover about 2400 fishing vessels both dhows and boats, Mokran coasts are one of the most exclusive areas for fisheries and aquaculture businesses. Other fishery capabilities of the region are as follows:
* 40% share of capture production compared in between southern provinces;
* 37% of total capture production in Iran;
* Supply of 60% of industrial fish in Iran
* First rank in capture production in west of Indian Ocean;
* Second rank in capture production in Indian Ocean;
* 72% of southern province registered vessels are active in Sistan & Balouchestan.
Mokran coasts and generally southern provinces coastal area are very rich in terms of having different species of fishes and shrimps.
In Iran, due to presence of appropriate conditions including unused coastal lands, inexpensive workers, indigenous technology, relatively well known global markets and export value of shrimp, Development of aquaculture, particularly shrimp culture can play an important role in increasing employment, foreign exchange and rural development in coastal areas.
Also Mokran coasts have significant capacity for fish culture in marine cages.
* More than 100 thousand hectares suitable sites for aquaculture in cage;
* 11 Mari culture zones in the coastal area for fish culture in cages;
* Skilled native labor which are familiar with cage aquaculture.
• Export Terminal
This project is related to construction of export terminal in Jaask for exporting agricultural and fisheries products.
Land area of 2 hectares is needed for this project and total required investment is estimated to be $4.1 million.
• Cobia Fish Culture in Cage
This project is related to cobia fish culture in cage. For this project a land area of 5000 square meters has been considered which 1000 square meters is devoted to production areas. Also human resources required are estimated to be 27 persons. Total required investment for this project will be $1 million.
• Lantern Fish Fishing Development
Mokran Sea has one of the largest stocks of lantern fish. Lantern fish is used in production of fish silage and fish meal which have high demand all over the world.
Iran has planned to increase annual lantern fish fishing to 100 thousand tons by 2021.
Development of lantern fish fisheries on the east coast of Mokran coast in Jaask province is objective of this project. The project is located in the marine waters under the jurisdiction of the Islamic republic of Iran’s borders and common fish stock in international waters.
Annual capacity is 3500 tons and required investment is estimated to be $5.5 million.
• Greenhouse Production of Agricultural Products
This project is about development of complex for greenhouse production of agricultural products. The project is located in Jaask province. Land area of 2200 hectares allocated to this project and required investment is estimated to be $1.1 billion.
• Shrimp Culture Farm
Shrimp farming is an aquaculture business that exists in either a marine or freshwater environment, producing shrimp or prawns for human consumption. This project is related to the construction of shrimp farm. Land area for this project is 550 hectares, from this amount 820 square meters dedicated to building infrastructure. Total required investment for this will be $6.4 million.
• Long Liner Boat for Tuna Fishing
Longline fishing is a commercial fishing technique. The purpose of this project is to supply of the long liner boat for tuna fishing in Jaask province.
Annual capacity of this project is 1500 ton and total required investment is estimated around $3.4 million.
• Purse Seiner Boat for Tuna Fishing
Seine fishing is a method of fishing that employs a seine or dragnet. A seine is a fishing net that hangs vertically in the water with its bottom edge held down by weights and its top edge buoyed by floats. This project is related to supply of purse seiner boat for tuna fishing in Jaask province. Required investment for this project is estimated to be $6.9 million.
Oil and Gas
The first and most important part in Iran’s return to the global market which can attract foreign investors is oil and gas sector. Mokran zone vicinity to the open seas, have provided suitable platform for development of oil and gas transmission and storage sector which consequently lead to development of refineries and other downstream industries.
Also due to presence of gas transmission infrastructure from 7th nationwide pipeline which passes from north of this area, there is possibility of defining gas downstream project and also export of gas to neighboring countries.
Recently Iran’s oil and gas ministry has started studies plans which some of them are as follows:
1. Development of coastal areas of Mokran: to evaluate the social, cultural, economic, infrastructure, energy and for inclusion sustainable development.
2. Layout plan (land use): in order to identify a suitable area for oil industry zone, including refineries, petrochemical, loading and unloading docks, storage tanks and other related facilities, related studies has been assign to local consultant with in partnership with credible foreign consultants.
3. Basic design of Jaask-Govreh oil pipeline: performing basic design for mentioned pipeline with ancillary services such as the surveying, geotechnical studies, environmental assessment, passive and cultural heritage by consulting engineers are underway.
Also some of the oil and gas ministry implementation plan are as follows:
1. Along with design studies for 42 inches and 1000 km long pipeline to transport a million-barrel crude oil per day from Govreh to Jaask, implementation actions are underway. In this regard general call for buying 360 tons of pipes are held, also selection of general contractor for the construction of pipeline has been done. This project Include 5 pumping station, 2 Tupac receiving and sending station and one terminal.
2. Construction of storage tanks with capacity of 10 million barrels in Jaask is another major project. The tank will be constructed through 15 years BOT contract.
3. In order to receive and send crude oil to constructed storage tank, an offshore installation has been defined. It included Buoy (SPM), pipelines on land and sea, a crusher with launching some support docks, measurement system and other related facilities.
Some of the investment projects in oil and gas sector are as follows:
• Oil refinery complex
Suitable land area for 2 oil refineries complex with capacity of 300 thousand barrels per day has been anticipated.
Required feed will be supplied from crude oil transmission pipeline or offshore installation. Access to open seas provides export possibility.
Required fuel will be supplied from gas pipeline in the region and consuming water will be supplied Form Sea.
• Other Investment Projects
* Construction of hotel in industrial site in order to housing site active units’ guests.
* Construction of workshop, technical services in region in order to fulfilling industrial unit’s need in construction and operation period.
Industries and Mines
Industry and mine generally play a key role in attracting investment, creating job and consequently sustainable development in all areas.
Mokran Coasts have significant potential in these sectors which some of them was mentioned earlier.
On one hand having various mines so that Sistan and Balouchestan been known as mines rainbow of Iran and fishing industry on the other hand made Mokran coast to a perfect location to develop processing industry related to fishery and mines.
The most significant mines of Sistan and Balouchestan are granite mine, cooper mine, antimony mine, cement mine, alabaster mine and gold mine.
Some of the investments opportunities in industry and mine sector are provided in the following:
• Aluminum Plant
This project is implemented in Jaask County in Far East of Hormozgan and it is related to the development of aluminum plant that has many applications in various industries. Aluminum after steel is the largest produced and consumed metal such that its consumption is more than the sum of the other nonferrous metals.
Due to unique characteristics of aluminum and its widely application in aerospace, shipbuilding, transportation, military, construction, electrical equipment and food packaging in the world, it’s even called the metal of 21th century.
Due to increasing consumption and grow justify-content-md-centerrow-eq-heighting need of aluminum, suitable setting has been provided for this industry. According to Iran’s industrial development plan, it is anticipated that aluminum consumer industries’ demand will grow justify-content-md-centerrow-eq-heightth rapidly in next decade.
In 2013, about 50million tons of aluminum produced in the world which was equivalent to about 91% of world production capacity.
In the period between 1973 till 2000 aluminum production increased from 12 million tons to 25 million tons, it means annually on the average 481 thousand tons added to production. However in 9 years period from 2004 until 2013 annual production average grow justify-content-md-centerrow-eq-heightth reach to 2.2 million tons, which show increased consumption of aluminum in the world.
This project has capacity of 600 thousand tons in year and construction period estimated to be 3 years.
• Aquatic Feed Production Factory
This project is related to the construction of aquatic feed production factory. For this project a land area of 4500 square meters has been considered. Total required investment for the projects estimated around $1 million.
• Ferrochrome Plant
This plant is implemented in Jaask and it is related to the construction of ferrochrome plant which has many applications in various industries. For this project land area of 50 hectares has been considered. The world demand for ferrochrome have risen sharply so that between 2002 and 2010 the annual grow justify-content-md-centerrow-eq-heightth rate was 5 percent and china with 25% share was the main engine of this grow justify-content-md-centerrow-eq-heightth.
Capacity of this plant is 600 thousand ton per year.
• Magnesium plant
This plant will be implemented in land area of 100 hectares located in Jaask. The project is related to construction of magnesium plant which has many applications in various industries.
Commercially, magnesium is a very important metal with many applications. This metal has only two-thirds of density of aluminum. It is easily machined, cast, forged and welded; this metal is widely used in alloys especially with aluminum, zinc and manganese.
Capacity of this plant is 6 thousand tons per year and construction period is estimated to be 3 years.
• Mokran Steel Complex
This project is related to construction of Chabahar Mokran steel complex. Annual capacity of the complex is 1.6 million tons and required investment for this project estimated around $105 million.
• Jaask Petrochemical Complex
This project is related to construction of petrochemical complex in 620 hectares’ land area located in Jaask.
It’s including 220 hectares of basic and intermediate petrochemical product and 400 hectares for complementary product. Annual capacity of this project is 5 million tons and it will be completed in 3 years.
• Date Processing and packaging
This project is about construction of date processing and packaging factory. For this project land area of 15000 square meters and job creation for 22 people have been anticipated. Total required investment for this project estimated to be 45$ million.
• Aquatic Meat Processing and Packaging plant
This project is related to the construction of processing and packaging of aquatic meat products. This project is implemented in a land area of 5000 square meters; required investment for this project is estimated to be about $3.5 million.
• Titanium Plant
This project will be implemented in land area of 50 hectares which is located in Jaask. The main use of titanium is in two forms of metal and titanium dioxide. The main consumption of titanium is in the paint industry as pigment and it’s also used in ceramic, plastic, paper and electronics industries. Annual capacity of this plant is 5 thousand tons and it will be constructed in 3 years.
• Tropical fruit processing plant
This project is related to construction of tropical fruit processing through quick freezing method. For this project a land area of 5000 square meters has been assign and total required capital investment is $4.5 million.
AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES
- Development of Greenhouses
- Development of Production of Tropical Fruits
- Development of Different Plant Species
- Development and Reconstruction of Fishing Fleets
- Breeding Shrimps and Aquatic Animals
- Fish Farming in Cages
- Development of Aquatic Processing Industries
- Construction of New Hotels
- Development of Entertainment and Recreational Complexes and Villages
- Marine Ecotourism
- Development of Marine Sport Clubs
- Development of Healthcare Centers
Transportation and Transit:
- Development of Ports
- Construction of Chabahar Airport City
- Development of Railways Network (North, South, East, and West Corridors)
- Development of Roads
- Development of Combined Transit
- Construction of a Logistics Park
- Construction of “Tiss” New Town
- Construction of “Jask” New Town
- Development of Current Cities and Town in the Region
Oil and Gas:
- Construction of the Second Oil Terminal in Jask
- Development of Oil and Gas Transferring Networks
- Construction of Refineries
- Development of Iran’s Third Petrochemical Hub (Negin-e Mokran)
- Construction of Petrochemicals Industries
- Construction of Jask Industrial Complex
- Establishment of Steel Industries in Jask and Chabahar
- Establishment of Aluminum Production Industries
- Establishment of Ferrochrome Industries
Power Plants and Desalination Plants:
- Construction of Small Scale Power Plants
- Construction of Large Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Construction of Wind and Solar Power Plants
- Construction of Small Scale Desalination Plants
- Construction of Large Scale Desalination Plants